Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Thursday, August 2, 2012

silver lining

Things have calmed down a tiny bit in the trauma department, and by calm down i mean my cousin is once again heavily sedated. as long as she is feeling little to no pain it eases my heart and I'm sure brings my uncle the tiniest sense of peace.

i blogged a few weeks ago about my parents being in the country (they live in Romania at the moment i don't know if i mentioned that) my father and littlest sister are getting ready to head back tomorrow and i thought i should update on my diet that my mom has been so helpful with... i honestly could not be happier! in 3weeks i have lost 5lbs, and its not just the weight i am delighted with but i have lost 3 inches around my middle i can finally SEE the difference. i did not get a gym membership i am not "working my ass off" and i am not on any pills or juices or weird serums. All i am doing is using the My fitness pall app on my phone (get it! its amazing! My Fitness Pal) to restrict my calorie intake to between 800-1000 calories a day. i am eating only one cooked meal with an animal protein (i love meat, good hormone free meat is SO good for your body) a day so most of the foods i eat are raw, such as salads and veggies with humus. Nothing fancy just enough to not be hungry, which i haven't been hungry. I have COMPLETELY removed all addicting foods such as bread, sugar, dairy, caffeine and alcohol. i have not in anyway touched wine, beer, or liquor in three weeks, not only do i feel fantastic but it has helped my getting healthy process tremendously. i cant believe i didn't know that the key to wight loss was all in getting rid of the sauce. i was eating healthy and running but i was still having drinks on the weekend which was 2 steps forward and 12 steps back. So my tip to everyone trying to get healthy, in shape, and loose weight. Keep moving and stop drinking.


In the middle of all the family chaos i wanted to cook, cooking brings me a little harmony so i made some raw brownies with raspberry sauce. Very simple, it also takes a cup of dates but i threw the bag away before taking the picture. So you dump all ingredients into a food processor, smoosh into a baking dish, then let it set in the fridge for a few hrs. All i did for the raspberry sauce was process fresh raspberries with some agave and pour on top. it looks like meatloaf but i promise they are brownies.



No comments:

Post a Comment