Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Actions speak louder then words

i am not going to get into it because i dont know enough about the details, (i tend act on my hippy instincts and just promote free love for all) but this whole Chick-fil-a thing has got me thinking. i want to make sure that at least 90% if not all of the things i use, wear, eat, and do to reflect how i feel in my heart and promote health and happiness through out the world. i already buy most (if finances let me) groceries and cleaning products at Whole Foods, which supports local farmers and small family owned companies, i have even found some of my favorite items there that i dont think i could live with out. So now i would like to start buying all organic Eco-friendly, clothing such as organic cotton, hemp, soy, or bamboo. The Natural Clothing Company says "the conventional cotton is one of the most toxic crops on Earth, using insecticides which might cause cancer, skin problems, and deprive soil of life."   i know most of the items wont be very fancy or as fashionable (not that i have ever wont best dressed) but i will wear my new earth healthy threads with pride knowing that i can help sustain a family or villages simply by buying products that are focused on changes for good. i know i am just one person but that is all it takes to at least start. For the rest of my life i will be needing to buy clothes, so why not buy some that will not only clothe me, but will help others at the same time leaving No One Without. For my first tiny mark of change i bought a tank from Threads For Thought.

Clothing for a causes

Sseko's

Kayu

No comments:

Post a Comment