Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Monday, May 14, 2012

DIEt

So I haven’t exactly been doing the raw thing, its hard in the sence that it takes A LOT of prep time and planning, both of which I am no good at. I go to the store to buy veggies for a week or two and they last maybe last half that time. Math has never been a good subject for me. But what I have been very good at is eating breakfast every morning. That was another thing I was never very good at, not because I don’t believe in breakfast or anything like that but I just either wouldn’t give myself the time to eat or wasn’t hungry so i would skip it and end up eating way too much for lunch and dinner. Now I eat a bowl of mixed berries coconut butter some type of chopped nuts and dried cranberries. I find I am way less hungry throughout the day when I have a full breakfast, so then for lunch all I am really in the mood for is a salad which is perfect.

I am also a proud new member of a Bikram yoga studio, bikram yoga is also know as hot yoga, the roomis 90-100 something degrees and the poses have been chosen to not only stretch and strengthen your muscles but to help and heal your insides as well. Its an hour and a half long session and yes it does feel like you are going to die but it is so worth it. You feel reenergized and ready to take on the world. Getting motivated to actually GO is the hardest part simply because I know what is waiting for me at the studio. Last session I had to leave fifteen mins early because I thought I was going to either pass out or throw up, but even a shortened version of the class was worth it. I highly recommend it to all who are trying to get healthy, you get a hard core detox through sweating, increase flexability and heal your body all at once. i have really bad knee problems (thanks to my dads side of the family) and I didn’t think I was going to make it through my first class but sure enough I came back for a second class and I plan on going today.

I haven’t gone enough to see if it is helping the weight loss but I do feel more confident after going, and that is the first step, for YOU to like how you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment