Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Monday, May 7, 2012

Playing catch up

I win worst blogger ever award, I got so caught up in tech week for Proof that I lost track of basically everything else in my life. I heard someone say "no civilians during tech week" and that is so true. No matter how big the theater is or how hard the show is tech week is the one week were all hell breaks loose and everything falls into place. What you thought was right is all wrong and what you didn't think you could do in only one week become your specialty. Non theater people will never understand the horrors/magic of tech week, much like my poor fiancé who felt put on the back burner for the week. For us in the show we literally for get out own names and what we even did before this show. All focus every ounce of energy and emotion is poured into the production. On that first day when the first light turns on and you feel it warm your whole body for the first time since receiving the part, it goes from the normal 5hr rehearsal to full blow real life.

I know I seem dramatic and out of control, some may be reading this and think wow this chick needs to get a life, but when this is all I have done since I was 3, this IS my life. There is not a single moment of being in a show from preparing for auditions to strike (taking down the stage) I love it all. I have been so blessed to have all the chances to be in shows and to have one of the biggest support team I know, so much love comes from my family and it drives me to do better and push harder.

There are actors who do it for the way it makes THEM feel, I do it for the way I hope to make the audience feel, I stand on stage with hope to inspire at least one person to go and do what they love. I know it's not always easy to keep up with the things we love to do but if the whole world just gave up what they loved, that would be an awfully dreadful world to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment