Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Monday, April 2, 2012

Following in footsteps

I am the oldest of three girls, it's ironic that I nanny for two little girls considering my whole life I have been looking after my younger sisters. When mom and dad weren't looking I would pick up their mess and push them in the right directions. Taking blame and fixing inconvenient situations so they could continue their angelic personas. Even now living with my middle sister I run around behind her cleaning up her messes both literally and figuratively. Grocery shopping and making sure the house doesn't burn down. Maybe I was made to be a mother and a house wife. Which in my eyes is not a bad thing, I LOVE caring for people, I LOVE cooking, i also enjoy keeping things clean and organized so why wouldn't I be happy having a job that I don't have to get a degree for ( I HATE school).

I sit in the audience watching my sister in rehearsal for a play we are in together. I started the acting in the family when I was 3, and haven't stopped since. I hate admitting that I tend to receive larger rolls in the shows we go up for. Seeing my sister in the background in the chorus, knowing how incredibly talented she is would kill me. I began to either not go for it and drop out of shows when she was denied the parts I know she was made for. But now, she stands on the stage, center of attention, beautiful and talented for all to see and I can take a breath and think that maybe just maybe I contributed to this incredible young lady blooming in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment