Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Duck and cover

Maybe I should be paying more attention to the warnings on the news right now about the massive storms and forming tornados that could potentially be heading to my neck of the woods, but after spending almost an hour in a tiny bathroom with two dogs a cat and my aunt waiting to either die, or continue with our meager lives... Well, considering the fact that I am now blogging, looks like all is well, for now. My fiancé was on lock down at his job where the tornado just happened to lift off the ground and simply hop over his building. I feel like the worst part about storms or any dangerous situations is feeling completely an utterly useless while watching the vicious green and red blobs slyly stroll across the screen behind the weather man. I am still occasionally getting a black screen and screeching sirens telling me to stay inside, and wait for further notice on if seeking shelter is needed. At this point can simply look out the window and determine that for myself.


My heart is still beating possibly loud enough to hear from outside my body. I listen to the rain fall and can feel the thunder shake the sky. Even with this weather ripping through our cities the air outside seems creepily calm. Every person around here is in a personal panic wondering how long to wait till they can either breath with relief or openly panic, but the trees are still as If they know exactly when and where mother nature will unleash her wrath. Storms usually call for a blanket and a cuddle on the couch, but as I sit by my open window to get a front row seat of this sky show, I can feel how warm and sticky the air is. Maybe it was my fault I spent a useless hour in a bathroom with a zoo, I was listening to the wrong warnings. I should have just listens to the sky, after all, when a storm is coming, it will let you know... Stay safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment