Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Friday, April 6, 2012

How very, mom like of you.

I am blogging from my kitchen today which is quite a shock considering the fact that i have had ZERO motivation for anything today. Yes i know, it is my day off i shouldnt have to do anything today, but the reality is that i have A LOT to do and i almost didnt make it from the bed to the couch. Oh the hard life i live... Not. Eventually i made it to the couch, then back to bed, i actually did come to the kitchen to make a nice fresh grapefruit juice for breakfast, then right back up to the couch. this all started at 6am when my fiancé left for work (i am a very light sleeper). As i was flipping and reflipping through the stations on tv with no luck on finding anything to watch i finally decided on a little trashy day time talk show till i realized that time had flown by and i really did need to get up and go.


This coming weekend is Easter and i am going "camping" with my whole family in law. i guess i have yet to mention this but i am a bit of a cooking addict, i come from a very big very Latin family and we are all about food and drink. i have been bless with the passion for food and a sixth sense for spices, its not just a hobby its a life style. Baking is my all time favorite thing to do in the kitchen, its soothing and helps me clear my head of everything else that happened that day.

since wednesday is my day off i thought i would do a trial run of what i want to take to Easter. When ever i cook i always like to try something i have not made yet, so naturally i would like to make sure that what ever i plan on taking to my fiances family turns out right. So I chose chocolate coated cake stuffed strawberries, sounds tricky because it is tricky. I am not a fan of cake balls but everyone else seems to be so I thought why not take a perfectly well made cake turn it into crumbs then squish it back together again... Then stuff about a pinch of it into strawberries because that is all that will fit. Once all that is done coat the strawberry with out all the cake falling out. They tasted good but I think just having fresh strawberries on a vanilla cake would taste good too. So in the end I feel like the results are not good enough for the amount of work they take. So I will be looking for something else to make tomorrow. 









No comments:

Post a Comment