Sleeping Beauty

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true"

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hippie on Campus

So i am loving my new diet/eating life style, and i am not the only one who has noticed that when i do eat too many non raw meals i get angry and not as fun to be around. So i am not as strict but i am doing as much raw food and ZERO gluten, which is why i am blogging today.

My first day of school (again) was on Tuesday, and unlike most students going to a new school i wasn't worried about finding my classes or getting a parking spot, or even having all the required books (I'm a slacker). i was worried about what i was going to be able to eat. Here in Texas we don't get a summer, its more like Hell rises from the underworld and takes over the state for months. So walking from building to building with food in my backpack did not sound like fun to me. i decided that for the first day of school i was just going to wing it. i made myself an obnoxiously large batch of green tea and packed three KIND bars, hoping that would be enough to keep me from starving on a 8hr school day. i was all set and made it till around 3ish when i stumbled upon the Subway at school. The school i went to before had a Subway that provided gluten free bread, so i thought i would check it out. it did not have gluten free bread but it did have salads! i got myself a chicken salad and water bottle, i was excited about having some sustenance before my 3hr dance class. in my mind i was jumping for joy at the thought of having a salad every Tuesday and Thursday till i got to the register and the girl asked for $10somthing, ya a salad and water $10something at a school, as if students pooped cash. so scratch that idea off the list...

Today i took  different approach, even though the salad was tasty. My mom is still in town and the family was blessed with some delicious Latin (Bolivian) home cooking, Locro ( i don't know how you spell that). Its a yummy chicken, rice and veggie soup with a Spanish flare was served for dinner last night and is lunch for today, paired with some sub pare gluten free crackers, and yet anoter giant bottle of green tea (3cups) i have obtained victory over the how to eat gluten free at school battle. i am also having a more eco friendly lunch by not having any garbage to throw away. Winning!

YAY ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment